2010-07-15

Ugly Betty Cookies

Wasn't sure what to call this, they did look on the ugly side. Not those perfect looking round cookies. Once you bite into it, you just want to melt!

It all started with a sweet tooth. I don't keep junk in the house or anything resembling dangerously sweet but the craving was strong enough for me to start scouring the cupboards. Hmmm, I have hazelnut flour, stoneground pastry whole wheat flour, walnuts, coconut, butter, oats (even though I forgot to put it in!), vanilla. Smushed them all together and flattened them out onto a cookie sheet. Viola! We have weird  ugly looking cookies! Hahahaha. Soooo terrible they tasted. *wink*

This recipe is for about a dozen-ish cookies. I purposely make small batches so I can't be tempted to overeat them (that is if they turn out good...lol).



1/2 cup stone ground whole wheat pastry flour (wow, that is a mouthful!)
1/2 cup hazelnut flour
2 tablespoon rolled oats
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
2 tablespoons unsweetened coconut
1 tablespoon turbinado sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 teaspoon cinnamon
3/4 stick butter
2 tablespoon cold water (may need more)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Mix all together (I use my fingers, I don't have a fancy smancy mixer). Grab a clump or two, about an inch ball. Smush in your palm to flatten, lay on cookie sheet. Bake for approx 10 mins or  until edges are golden brown.

No comments:

Post a Comment