2010-07-15

Lazy man's piccata

I love piccata! The capers are probably my most favorite part. It was late, I was tired but wanted to fix a good dinner. In the past, it would have been so much easier to just pick up the phone and call the pizza or philly joint for dinner. Sure, taste all yummy then I am up for half the night on the toilet. As I have gotten older, my poor body just isn't as resilient to the junk it once used to be.

After poking around the internet, seeing who did what today and any other latest news that would keep me from the kitchen. Yep, was feeling very lazy. Finally, I got hungry. No more excuses.

Did my routine checking of crisper drawers, what meat was taken out, what was in the cupboard. Yes, this is how I plan my menus. *laughs hard* I'm terrible at the advance menu planning, I bow to those that can master that skill AND shop accordingly. Hey, I'm far from perfect.

Saw the capers and knew right away what I wanted. I was in the mood for piccata but then looked at the clock. No way, it was 7:00pm. Too late. What the hell, I can make something like it!





1 pound ground or cubed meat (best with either chicken/turkey or pork)
1/2 head cabbage shredded
1 head of garlic chopped
1 onion sliced thin
3 tablespoon butter
1/4 cup white wine
juice of 2 lemons
1/4 cup capers (more or less to your preference)
1/4 cup parmesan cheese grated

Cook meat over medium heat, when almost cooked, add garlic and onions. Cook until onions become translucent. Add cabbage. Allow to simmer on medium heat for 15 mins. Add butter, wine and capers. Simmer for an additional 15 mins. Serve alone or with pasta. Sprinkle parmesan cheese on top. So easy, I had to call it Lazy man's piccata.

1 comment: