2010-07-10

Summer pork burgers w/spinach salad

Even though it was a balmy 55 degree day, I was in the mood for something light and barbecued. Yesterday's beautiful weather had me longing for something related to summer days.

Did my routine scouring the fridge and cupboards. Hmmm, what shall I make today?

Because I had a bunch of kale, couldn't resist making a batch to go with dinner. The boy was asking for more after dinner. Yeah, I know son, they taste terrible.




1 pound ground pork (beef and turkey work great too)
1/2 onion chopped fine
3 cloves garlic chopped fine or minced
1 tablespoon ground flax
1 tablespoon whole wheat flour
1 tablespoon hazlenut flour (optional)
2 tablespoons raw apple cider vinegar

Mix above ingredients well, form into patties (I made 6 medium size patties) and place on bbq grill or broiler in the oven. While the burgers are cooking, make the spinach salad (and kale chips if you are making them fresh. Never can keep a batch on hand, they taste that terrible! *wink*).

2 cups fresh spinach, cut to bite size pieces
1/2 cup chopped goat feta
1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
1 tablespoon raw apple cider vinegar

Mix well. Refrigerate until burgers are ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment