2010-07-23

Lentil goulash

With a melody of fresh produce to choose from, I was undecided what to make. The husband took out a package of ground pork. Wasn't really in the mood to cook, kept putting it off. The boys still got hungry...the nerve! I fed them yesterday! What more do they need.

To appease them, I made a quick batch of kale chips. Yea, yea, have to get my weekly PSA plug for kale chips. Remember, that is my evil plot against the world...to get everyone hooked on kale chips.

Darn it, they got hungry again. *grumbles* Guess I should make something.



1 cup cooked lentils
1 pound ground meat
4 small squash sliced medium (I had green and yellow zucchini)
1 head garlic sliced thick
1/4 head cabbage chopped medium
fresh or dried basil (amount to your preference)
salt and pepper to taste
1/2 cup feta

Cook ground meat, when almost cooked, add other vegetables. Cook for 15 mins, add lentils and basil, stir well. Let cook for an additional for 5 mins. Serve topped with feta.

This should keep your gang happy, well until breakfast anyway. *laughs*

No comments:

Post a Comment