2010-07-06

I can't do this.

I'm not smart enough.

I'm not thin enough.

I'm not pretty enough.

I'm not good enough.

You know what, self? YOU ARE WRONG!

I thought the scale was diabolical enough. Oh no! Me, myself and I are far more cruel than the scale could ever be. What is up with that? What have I done to myself that deserves this kind of treatment. I certainly would not take such attitude from someone else, myself should not be excluded.

You know what I can do? I can love. Support. Cook. Walk 22 miles in one week. Squeeze into those pants I thought for sure would be too tight. I can even resist the scale. I can walk past a donut shop, smell that sugary goodness, smile and keep on walking. Tell my child no means no. I can beat my husband at battleship. I can do lots of things.

I don't have time for this attitude. Go check yourself in the closet. You and the scale would make good friends. I'll check in from time to time...when I need a roll of toilet paper.

1 comment:

  1. I love it.

    I've found that my greatest tool against the inner critic is a good rebuttal. It sounds like you've got one all set!

    ReplyDelete