2010-08-05

Paper or plastic?

I say RECYCLE!

It took awhile for me to get used to it but it eventually became a habit. At this day and age, it irks the hell out of me when I don't have bags on me and grumblingly have to accept plastic. Don't know about you, but I find those bags to be a pain...literally.

Even today with these bags being out in the public for awhile, you can hear the heavy sigh as the cashiers eye those bags coming down the belt. Eighty percent of the time, I end up re-bagging them. Then you hear the heavy sighs from my husband. Ha! Seriously, they bag those like they do the plastic versions, two or three items each!

What started the recycle bag bug was Fred Meyers. They had the bags at 99 cents and the extra bonuses included 5 cents off with each bag used as well as a replacement guarantee. If at any time their bags unravel, tear, fall apart, they will replace them for free. I'm a gal who loves a bargain! One bag, next trip buy another or two and before I know it, my bag collection grew to this:



I lost count at around 50. This is not including my produce and ziploc-like bags (pictured in front of basket). Those are newbies to my recycled bag collection.

Do not underestimate the power and room in those bags. My collection has all sizes imaginable. Small store-plastic size to Costco size. Each have their unique purposes. My husband and I have our favorites.

I'm always curious what recycled bags look like across the globe. Too bad I don't have the money to travel around the world for 50 cent recycled bags! Ha!

Remember, be kind and reuse.

No comments:

Post a Comment